Baked Zucchini Gratin
- 2 cups chickpeas (cooked)
- 1& ½ cup water
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Paprika, salt, pepper, oregano
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Karen Berrios Maca powder
- 2-3 medium zucchinis (thinly sliced)
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- Hummus mixture (1 cup Hummus + 1 egg or vegan egg)
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tsp salt.
- Place all the ingredients for your hummus in your food processor. Mix well until creamy. Heat up the mixture in a small saucepan until boiled and reserve.
- Sprinkle sliced zucchini with a little salt and set aside to drain for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Combine (green onions, cottage cheese, garlic, oregano, and salt) in a bowl and mix well.
- Put one layer of thinly sliced zucchini and another of the previous mixture and top with 1/3 cup of hummus mixture. Repeat this until filling up.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Enjoy this casserole as your perfect garnish for Thanksgiving dinner.