Gingerbread Whoopie Pies
For the cookies:
- 3 ¾ cup coconut flour, 1 to 1 baking flour or oat flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. Karen Berrios Ginger root powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil (cold)
- 1 stick vegan, almond or peanut butter
- ¾ cup coconut sugar or monk fruit(golden)
- 1 large egg or 1 banana (mashed)
- vegan butter milk (¾ cup coconut milk + ½ lemon juice)
For the filling:
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese
- ½ cup monk fruit (powdered)
- ½ tsp Karen Berrios Ginger root powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- For the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (375ºF). Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl combine coconut oil ,vegan butter and monk fruit. Beat until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Add the egg, beat until incorporated.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix to combine.
- Mix the buttermilk and the remaining dry ingredients. Add into the mixture
- Using a spoon, place 1 tbsp. of dough, leaving 2 cm between, on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove and place the cookies on a rack to cool completely.
- Spread frosting onto the cooled cookies and place another cookie on top.
- Enjoy as a healthy snack or dessert
- Beat vegan cream cheese with mixer until light and fluffy. Add powdered monk fruit and continue mixing until combined.
- Pour in the milk and vanilla, and beat on high until you reach desired consistency.