Healthy Sweet Potato Meringue Pie
- 4 cups almond flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup Karen Berrios cacao nibs
- 5-6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup plant based milk
- 3 eggs or vegan eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. orange juice and 1 tsp zest
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup white egg or aquafaba
- 1 cup monkfruit (powdered)
- Preheat over to 400 ºF or 200 º C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place your sweet potatoes and bake 45 to 50 minutes.
- For crust: In a frying pan heat almond flour over medium-low 7 minutes or until toasted. Turn off heat and stir in semisweet chocolate, coconut oil and KB cacao nibs. Continue stirring until chocolate is melted and incorporated. Press mixture onto bottom in your foil lined pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Let it cool.
- For filling: In a food processor combine all ingredients. Process until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Bake 40 minutes, let it cool on a wire rack 1 hour.
- For Meringue: Beat your white egg with a mixer and add powdered monkfruit until having glossy peaks form.
- Top your sweet potato pie with meringue and enjoy as your perfect dessert for Thanksgiving!