- 1 cup of Medjool dates (make sure they are packed- this is what helps make the candies thick)
- 2.5 tablespoons of tahini butter (any nut butter will do but we used tahini in ours)
- 1-1.25 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons of Karen Berrios Lucuma Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of pink salt (Option to salt after as a topping as well)
- Comebine all of the ingredients to a food processor (can use a blender but a food processor is better) and blend until smooth. You will need to scrape the sides with a spoon or spatula to get all of the product.
***Tip: make sure the dates are de-pitted and if you let them sit in hot water for 10 minutes, they will be easier to blend.
- Put it in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour and then roll into little candy log shapes! Each will be about 1 tablespoon in volume.
- Top with whatever you want! Chocolate or coconut flakes. More salt! Many options.
- Enjoy knowing the leftovers (if there are any!) can stay in the fridge up to 2 weeks and up to one month in the freezer.
Courtesy of Katey Yurko @thevioletfog