KRISTEN'S PUMPKIN CACAO DONUTS WITH PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- 2 cups cassava flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon Karen Berrios Cacao Powder
- 1 tablespoon Karen Berrios Cacao Nibs
Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together until combined. In a medium bowl, whisk wet ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine. Fold in mashed banana. Pour batter or pipe into donut pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/3 cup creamy pb
- Macadamia milk (it’s what I had on hand but you can use any nut milk)
Put pb into bowl. Slowly add a little milk stirring well. It will thin out a little when you add the milk but continue to stir until the consistency is like frosting.
Store in the fridge.
Courtesy of Kristen Kubert @an_essential_life